Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › What camcorder to get around $350?
November 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM #49315yuppicideParticipant
Currently I record with my Girlfriends old Sony digital camcorder. Sound comes out perfect no matter where we stand, but video is a bit dark.
I originally had my mind on a JVC Everio flash model. I saw someone on YouTube who shot some footage and I liked it. She replied back to me that she’s happy with the camera.
Hers is a 2010 model, but I thought I’d look at a 2011 model and settled on the JVC GZ-HM650 because of it’s Super LoLux backlit CMOS censor.
I am not too concerned that it does not have a mic input, because if I need to fall back on my digital camera for sound I will.
My real concern is that JVC says the battery is up to 90 minutes, but reviewers say the battery life is under an hour and I don’t see an extended capacity for sale online. My current camera I can record around 1 hour 15 minutes before the low light comes on, so I’d like to be able to record at least that amount.
If I could find a battery I’d buy the JVC already.
Any suggestions for a different model or brand?
– Price range $350 or less.
– Needs to work in super low light like the JVC would. I will ONLY use this to shoot musicians.
– Would like it to be flash memory or hard drive. Want to get files into my computer easily.
– Mic input would be nice, but not a deal breaker.
– Battery needs to last at least 1 hour 15 minutes. I don’t want to switch batteries during a performance. I want one video shot.
November 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM #201952
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.