What camcorder for a web TV site

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am totally confused about which camcorder to pick for our new video website. We have a budget of around $900. There is just too much tech issues. The more I read, the more confused I have become. I just need a very good cam that will allow easy transfer of videos to the computer and to the web like youtube.

Does anyone already do something like this? Which camcorder are you using? I have been looking at the Canon HG10 but I dont want to make a mistake. Please help!

Participant

Well I’m going to take a moment and promote the Canon HV30 here, since you asked. It has full HD and SD video capabilities and shoots superb video. It’s Mini DV and firewire, good audio. You can plug in a mic and its small and easy to use. I bought one recently and I love it! it will do web video easily and when you want full HD or more quality it’s ready to accommodate.

Take a look at B&H photo and check it out. πŸ˜‰

J

Inactive

Thanks for your prompt reply Aspyrider. Will check it out.

Inactive

I found from reviews on Amazon that the Canon HV30 is “tape based”. I was looking for something that could record to a memory card. I thought that would be easier to transfer to the computer?

Inactive

well, as a fellow member of the canon fan club: how about one of the canon HF series? I have an HF10 that I use for wide shots and the quality is phenominal especially for a camera about the size of a soda can. The only thing I would caution you about is that it records in AVCHD which means you will have to have a very powerful computer and not all editing systems will support the codec, however the picture quality is so worth it, and you will be able to use this for an amount of years to come higher than I can count. ha ha

Otherwise, i think your original idea of the HG10 is a solid choice.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter β€” 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap