What are the best files to import?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

<span class=”postbody”>Hi all, I am new to this forum and new to video editing and not very computer savvy. Please help!
      Heres the story: I just bought a new PC from a friend that had Adobe Premiere Pro 7 on it.I have a Sony Handycam DCR SR-45 and all the video clips from that get imported to my PC as MPEG files. I tried importing those files into Premiere Pro and it crashes every time. I downloaded MPEG Streamclip but I don’t know what to do with it. My question is what can I do with the MPEG files (from my Sony handycam) to make them work in Premiere Pro using MPEG Streamclip. Please give step by step instructions if you can. *</span><span class=”postbody”>I want to make music videos and also make cool home videos with all the bells& whistles.</span>

Participant

If the software you are using has a 7 at the end of it’s name it isn’t Premiere Pro. It may be Premiere Elements 7.

It is important ass the tpe of files to work with and the way to import them varies from program to program.

Participant

<span style=”font-size: small;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri;”>Im sorry I cant remember exactly which version but I know for sure that it is indeed Premiere Pro not Elements.<o:p></o:p></span></span>

Participant

The method for importing or capturing clips in Premiere Pro and Elements are virtually identical.

The format that both programs work best with are also pretty much identical. Whenever possible you want your files to be in DV format (DV-AVI)

You can use MPEGStreamclip (free program) to convert the MPEG files from your Sony hard disk camcorder to DV-AVI. The converted files will work perfectly in Premiere Pro or Elements with very little if any quality loss.

Participant

How do I create a DV-AVI using MPEG Streamclip? I downloaded MPEG Streamclip and its working fine, but I can’t figure out how to convert the MPEG files to DV-AVI. What do I have to do?

Participant

Try File/Save As

or take a look at these

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MPEG_StreamClip

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap