What are the best dv recording tapes, and where do I find them?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders What are the best dv recording tapes, and where do I find them?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I cann see in my video, after recording, the quality of the DV taper. Little swivles in the recording bugs me. There has to be an ultimate DV recording tape for 3ccd.

Participant

What are you recording on, MiniDV? All the brands are pretty good. Camera manufacturers recommend using their brand of tape. For example, use a Panasonic tape in a Panasonic camcorder. If you don’t do that, then always use the same brand of tape at least.

Your problem may be your heads. Buy some head cleaner.

Inactive

You can buy better grades of tape at BHPhotovideo.com

Most comments I’ve read online say that once you decide with one brand stick with it,

otherwise you might have problems.

Participant

Take a look at these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/12650/Tapes_Pro_Mini_DV.html

I know a lot of folks swear by the Sony DVM-63HD. They are a bit pricy and since I moved to a hard drive based camera it is no longer an issue for me.

Butterflyguy is also correct about choosing one tape and sticking with it – See what type of lubrication (wet or dry) your camera manufacturer recommends and go with that.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
    homicide-bootstrap