Well I’m doing my first wedding video with…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Well I’m doing my first wedding video with my new equipment. Wish me luck. Shouldn’t be a problem, but I really wanted to do it with DVCAM tapes (have a PD170). I think they’ll show up while I’m at the shoot. One day off…. bummer. Oh well, I do have a five pack of Sony’s finest miniDV’s and that’ll have to do.

Wish I had my second camera, still in the market for a good priced 3ccd camera to match the quality of my main one. Trying to figure out how to get the best shots with only one, but I thing I have a plan that’ll work. I think I’ll stay up near the front till most of the wedding vowes and stuff are complete, then I’ll disingage from my tripod and scoot to the rear to get the couple coming down the isle. That should give me a good frontal shot that the second camera would have got. It’s tough trying to do this with only one camera. I’ve done it before and no one complained, but after seeing some of your example wedding videos, I have to admit, two or three are better than one, by a long shot.

I wish I could have found an iRiver for the music in the church/reception. No such luck. I would have thought that Best Buy would carry the iRiver brand, but they only carry a couple of models. In three weeks I’ll be doing my last free wedding. After that, I’ll be a sort of Professional, I guess. πŸ˜€

PS. not looking to make big bucks, just trying to pay for some of this stuff.

Participant

Thanks for the suggestions. I got the video and was able to get to the exit for their exit. They happened to have a song just before the kiss. I was able to steady the camera on a pew and zoom in for the kiss. I think you right though. The kiss is of utmost importance, and I got it. I did make a mistake though. I forgot to put my camera back on autolock before I went outside. I still had it set up for a back light problem I had inside. I’ll learn…. Only have an hour loaded now, and am capturing more as I type. Haven’t seen the reception tape yet. I hope all is well.

My lav mics worked great… πŸ˜€

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video β€” 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap