Weird warning.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m getting a warning from Google that this site has malware and may harm my computer.

running Safari on a mac….

Similar here with Win 7 Pro.

Norton states it’s blocked an attack onmy computer when I navigate my IE to the forum site.

Used to be able to use the back key to return to the forum list after reading a thread and that does not work now.

When I hit the back key I get a message in the bottom status bar

Waiting for “http://lebistes.com/new/show.php?key=d2e8c50ad5262596655b08191cdc1ab6&u=zz…”

Used to it stating that it was waiting for http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/

Virus and malware scans claim nothing is on my PC.

Participant

Curious – I run McAfee and AdAware under XP Pro and FireFox and have never had a problem here.

Participant

Don’t mean to break it to ya,but the problem of these interferences is either:

1. Two or more security systems are interfering with one another. If you’ve got something else that has a Firewall, turn off the Windows Firewall.

2. One of the security software licenses is actually a scam, and therefore, could be a some spyware, or, another virus.

-or-

3. The security software is a virus. If it’s free and unpopular, that kind of gives it away. Run SpyBot

XTR

And how does that explain that it started happening today, at least with me, and why the back button doesn’t seem to work on this web-page? Even ran updates on it today with now change.

Doing a little looking around, It looks like there might be an ad format or something that iscausing this.

Participant

That’s possible, but maybe the virus just now entered your computer. If it’s the Explorer 8version that Windows 7 is using, I’d think it would behave in the same way as it does on Windows XP with IE8 installed.

Participant

Good to know…..

I have always subscribed to the notion that windoze is malware.

I panicked at the thought that your site was attempting to install windoze on my mac.

:0)

Inactive

Ditto. Today is the first day in a week i haven’t gotten the warning.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap