Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Weird warning.
- October 17, 2010 at 5:40 PM #48821D0nParticipant
I’m getting a warning from Google that this site has malware and may harm my computer.
running Safari on a mac….
- October 17, 2010 at 7:19 PM #200157CraftersOfLightMember
Similar here with Win 7 Pro.
Norton states it’s blocked an attack onmy computer when I navigate my IE to the forum site.
Used to be able to use the back key to return to the forum list after reading a thread and that does not work now.
When I hit the back key I get a message in the bottom status bar
Used to it stating that it was waiting for http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/
Virus and malware scans claim nothing is on my PC.
- October 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM #200158birdcatParticipant
Curious – I run McAfee and AdAware under XP Pro and FireFox and have never had a problem here.
- October 17, 2010 at 8:41 PM #200159XTR-91Participant
Don’t mean to break it to ya,but the problem of these interferences is either:
1. Two or more security systems are interfering with one another. If you’ve got something else that has a Firewall, turn off the Windows Firewall.
2. One of the security software licenses is actually a scam, and therefore, could be a some spyware, or, another virus.
3. The security software is a virus. If it’s free and unpopular, that kind of gives it away. Run SpyBot
- October 18, 2010 at 3:55 AM #200160CraftersOfLightMember
And how does that explain that it started happening today, at least with me, and why the back button doesn’t seem to work on this web-page? Even ran updates on it today with now change.
Doing a little looking around, It looks like there might be an ad format or something that iscausing this.
- October 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM #200161XTR-91Participant
That’s possible, but maybe the virus just now entered your computer. If it’s the Explorer 8version that Windows 7 is using, I’d think it would behave in the same way as it does on Windows XP with IE8 installed.
- October 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM #200162D0nParticipant
Good to know…..
I have always subscribed to the notion that windoze is malware.
I panicked at the thought that your site was attempting to install windoze on my mac.
- October 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM #200163AnonymousInactive
Ditto. Today is the first day in a week i haven’t gotten the warning.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.