Wedding audio recorder?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I don’t use the onboard mic on the iRiver. I use an external lapel mic. I do use te iRiver to plug into the house audio sometimes. 1/8" to 1/4" usually works depending on what kind of output their board has but I keep cables for every possible scenario available. When I can, I plug the house audio directly into the camera.

Participant

I’m in the market for an inexpensive audio recorder, like the iRiver units that I’ve heard so many suggest. My question is which unit do you use, what type of mic, and where do you position the mic when recording.
      Also, how many hours can you record with your unit, and how do you pull the huge recording off and break it up to usable files (songs, speaches)?

Thanks,
      RB

Participant

I use iRiver H300. It has a 20 GB HD and records mp3 at high bit rates. Its about as small as an iPod (don’t get an ipod though)(smaller than a wireless transmitter). The groom or minister can put it in his pocket. The audio quality is outstanding. This is usually my backup audio as I like to plug into house audio boards whenever possible. I am looking to buy more iRivers though to widen my audio possibilities.

Participant

Endeavor Wrote:

I use iRiver H300. It has a 20 GB HD and records mp3 at high bit rates. Its about as small as an iPod (don’t get an ipod though)(smaller than a wireless transmitter). The groom or minister can put it in his pocket. The audio quality is outstanding. This is usually my backup audio as I like to plug into house audio boards whenever possible. I am looking to buy more iRivers though to widen my audio possibilities.

Do you feel that the mic in the iRiver is good enough, or is that the unit that you plug into the house system? If so, I was wondering about the cable ends that would be common at the house system output. My guess is that they would be the mini 1/8" stereo plugs.

Thanks guys,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap