website feedback & stat question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve been making videos(funny skits and stuff) for a little while now, and I recently made a website for them. I am pretty new to making websites…actually this is my first, so I was wondering what people thought of it, and if you have any suggestions for improvment. Also I was wondering about how many visits a day is considered good? I don’t mean good like yahoo, cause that’s obvious, but good enough that you’re considered a solid website. Here’s the link to my site.

Participant

Well it all depends on who your target audience is! If you are just trying to draw some buddies or friends to your site then I would say your site is fine for that! But if you are really trying to draw some serious clients to your site, then I would say your site needs more work! As far as your site being solid I think you should get better navigation links on your site! What I mean by that is make everything easy to get to! Shorten your overall height of your site. Graphics and Photos can enhance your site too! Some people don’t like scrolling all around trying to find links! What program are you using to create your site?

Another thing to consider is this is your first site! It’s hard enough just getting a site up and going so I would give you a A for your effort to get a site up! I’m currently working on my site so i feel your pain! Keep at it! Do some surfing around and check out some sites that appeal to you! Look at how the navigation links and buttons are arranged!

Lastly as far as your video’s, if you want to keep things on the funny side be I would say, be creative as possible. Some things that you consider funny, may not be funny to others. So Be creative! Study funny commercials!

Inactive

First, let me thank you for your honest feedback. My target audience is everyone; I hope to make this really take off. After carefully analyzing the navigation of the site, I made what I thought to be all the necessary changes, but if you still think it needs work I’d be interested to hear any specific suggestions that you may have. You said, "Graphics and Photos can enhance your site too!", and I must admit that I’m a little confused about that because I feel that there are a good number of graphics and photos on the site already. However, if there is a specific area of the site that you think seems plain and needs more graphics to keep viewer’s attention or to make it more aesthetically pleasing, please let me know. The software that I use to create the website is a freeware program called "1st page 2000" by Evrsoft. I really just use it for the preview window and type out the html myself. For the video editing I use Sony Vegas 5, Vegas 6 is the current version. In response to your comments on the videos themselves, I’d say that I’m curious to know which videos you watched. I think that our videos are both very funny and creative. We have received several emails from fans (not friends or people that we know) saying how much they loved the website. Also we’ve posted a few of our skits on Google Video and they have received several hundred downloads. This leads me to believe that we’re doing a good job appealing to our target audience’s sense of humor. I do however, respect your opinion and recognize that you can’t appeal to everyone. Thanks again for your feedback and good luck with your website.

-Mike

By the way, if you’re interested in a recommendation of a video that demonstrates some of our better work, I’d recommend Testitra.

Inactive

Hey. I thought I’d chime in with some feedback. I haven’t had a chance to look at the clips, but I will soon.

As for the site, I second the opinion of push-play. If you really want the site to take off, it needs a more pleasing look. Right now it looks like a site that was created circa 1996. No offense intended here, just feedback. The thick table borders and the titles are a dead giveaway. My main suggestion would be to look at the sites from the guys on here that do wedding videos. They are using their sites to sell their video services. Model your site on this. A few specifics: for links, make images. They always look better. Make a logo/title for your site, but don’t post it twice on top. Again, looks like the mid-90s. Scale down the font, it doesn’t need to be so big. Don’t squeeze in too much information on one page. Most people don’t want to scroll unless they’re reading an article. Feature the cast on a separate page.

Hope that gives you an idea.

Inactive

Thanks to both of you guys for your feedback, it has been very helpful. I’ve been busy making lots of changes to the website, based on your advise, and I think it looks good now(please let me know what you think). Thanks again.
      -Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap