Webcast

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am wanting to go live with our church services. Can anyone tell me what I will need as far as equipment and software? I believe I will need a static IP address. We are currently looking into getting an 8MB down, 768k UP cable internet connection but I would like to know the details on doing live services over the net before we get our ISP hooked up.

I am currently recording with a Sony HDR-HC1 High Def Mini DV camera.
      I have a laptop (Intel Core Duo 1.66, 1 GB RAM, 60 GB hard drive 7200RPM) that I can use or buy another PC just for live video.

Inactive

It depends on whether you want ease of use of price benefits.

If you want easy, and price isn’t so big a deal, Newtec has the Tricaster. This is a live video switcher/fx generator. It’s been called the "Live news truck that fits in a knapsack" and the description is fitting. It can take three live video camera inputs and up to 5 other video inputs, and allows the operator to create live productions. Part of this is a live webcasting output, to allow you to literally plug your tricaster into the internet, hit a button, and users can watch your video on the net as it happens.

It’s the neatest package out there, but the price tag will kill you. It’s about 5,000-6,000 bucks, depending on where you go!

There are other options as well, but those require lots of technical knowledge to set up, and usually almost as much cash to invest.

What’s your budget? That will help us to know how to better answer.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Participant

We have a low budget. The whole Media Ministry that I am part of is still failrly a new thing, just started April ’05.

I thought that I just needed software and people would be able to click the link on my website to view the live feed. The PC that the camera would be connected to would be like a server. I am looking at a couple of software packages right now that a friend of mine told me about.

If I had to give a dollar amount to the budget it would be less than $1000, which may not even be possible. I still want to know how to do it or about any software packages no matter what the cost.

The live feed will just have one camera view and will not need any special effects added.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap