Wanted: RF “Fanfare For The Common Man”

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been searching through my RF music library this morning looking for Copland’s piece (I have several thousand songs all told) and can’t find one that I like enough to use for one project I am doing (have a couple of “no cigar” pieces but not “the” piece).

Suggestions? (I’ve already looked on a few RF sites – Cannot spend more than $20 – less if possible).

” Fanfare for the Common Man ” is a theme lifted from Copeland’s 3rd Symphony. Maybe you can find a recording of the Third Symphony which is in public domain?

Rick Crampton

Participant

Birdcat – found these sites for you…seems it is still under copyright.  But for future reference:

https://www.harryfox.com/public/songfile.jsp
      http://www.boosey.com/pages/licensing/flowchart.asp

Hope it helps you- as you have helped me on other requests.

Participant
      Participant

Don’t know why my last post is blank…in any case, I was commenting on your choice of music – Copland is awesome!

Participant

Hi Ophelia –

My youngest son graduated from college this past weekend and I wanted to use Fanfare and Elgar’s Pomp & Circumstance in the video. Normally, since it is a private thing I would have no compunction using one of the versions I have on CD for the family’s DVD (I already have several RF Elgar’s) but I wanted to post online without problems from YouTube. I have several RF soundalikes for Fanfare but the original is the best.

Participant

Rick –

Thanks – I’ll check my stuff & regular sources for the third.

Participant

Birdcat, I don’t know if youhave found what you are looking for in your search for the fanfare. I ran across this while looking for additional sources for rf music. In another post grinner suggested dewolfe as a good source. I was on their uk site (dewolfe.co.uk) and found a selection called ‘Great Expectations’. It is not a note for note rendition but might be suitable for your purposes. If it works I’m glad to help for all your knowledge and suggestions that I have used. keep shooting.

Participant

thanks, i’ll give a listen whben i get home

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap