Want to run two lavalier Mics on one Canon HF200

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Autorestomod
      Participant

Hi,

I realize that this topic is probably super obvious and answered elsewhere but I’m selfish and needy

=-).

We run (right now) a single HF 200 and have been using a shotgun mic in our how-to videos. The problem we run into is that the shotgun is great for stand ups, awful when we are looking away from the camera (we shoot how-to videos on car restoration and are thus in places that a boom is impractical. A lavalier/lapel mic seems to be the next best solution.

With the background out of the way, how would I easily and CHEAPLY (we have yet to show a profit in our venture and money is as tight as a pair of pants on Britney Spears) get two lavaliers to work on our one HF200 (we often have two people working and are often off site with limited help: see Britney Spears above)?

Jeff Ford

Autorestomod

http://www.autorestomod.com

hmueller
      Participant

You canuse acablethat has twomono miniconnectors to a stereo jack. These are available from Radioshack.

Autorestomod
      Participant

Thanks!

EarlC

You can get a passive mixer at RadioShack for about $40.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN