VX2100: Filming in Medium-Avg Humidity

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Yesterday, I filmed a wedding outdoor in Medium to average humidity. My camera is only about 1.5 years old. I was using 2 other (VX2100) cameras as well.

The day began about 3:30pm.

The camera in question made it about to nearly the end of the night (9:00pm). All of the sudden it asked for a cleaning tape. I immediately did so, then checked to make sure I did not lose any footage. It was all good except for the seconds before the error message popped up.

I inserted a new tape just to be safe and continued to record and periodically checked the footage (again… all good).

ISSUE:

1. While recording for the last hour of the night, I noticed the time code was constantly resetting at zero.
      2. While downloading the tape to the computer, at each timecode reset, there was video distortion (probably a residual video head problem). But it was minimal at about 1 second each. I had to baby sit the entire tape while downloading otherwise the download would be messed up.

Has anyone else had an issue with humidity before? How do you recover from this? Was your camera damaged?

None of the other camera had any trouble and were subject to the same conditions.

Participant

Just part of the gig. It’s fine. Time does the trick.

Inactive

I don’t quite follow?
      Do you mean that it will clear up if I just let it sit and leave it alone?

Participant

yes. It just had condensation in there. This will always happen what ya bring it out in humid heat from a cool interior. I’d not run a head cleaner. Just let it dry.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap