VX2000/2100 adding filters and other camera attachments

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders VX2000/2100 adding filters and other camera attachments

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a vx2000. It has the capabilities to add filters to the front of the lens via a small thread screw-like area on the frame of the lens. Is there anything else that can be added to this type of connection? I was thinking in the way of different lenses or something.

This camera also has an intelligent hot shoe. When using one of these hot shoes, for example with wireless mic adaptor, will it record directly to the tape as if I had a microphone plugged directly to the mic jack?

Thanks
      Brandon0409

Participant

Thank you for the response. you always give me such great advice.

I figured as much regarding the Microphone jack. One question I do have though. The external microphone jack on my camera is 1/8 in. Is this fairly standard for external mic jacks on cameras? I mean other than cameras with built in XLR jacks.

Regarding the lens adapter

With the XL2, there are actually interchangable lens capabilities. With cameras that do not have the XL2 benefits, are you saying that there are lenses that can actually be connected to the filter connection?

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap