VS 11 Separate Library for Each Project?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing VS 11 Separate Library for Each Project?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

With my previous video editor, VideoWave 4,I could create separate libraries for each project I opened. This would group all my clips in a library specifically for that project. I could load selected libraries as required.

With Video Studio 11, I seem to only have the choice of one library.

If I create a new project,say Project1, and build up a library with various video clips and save it then close the project. If I open Project1 the library is still there. That’s OK.

But now if I create a new project and call it Project2, I still have the same library as Project1. If I add clips to Project 2 this means the library will grow.

If I now createfurther projects and add clips the library starts to get too big and messy.

Is there a way to create separate libraries for each project?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Participant

It seems you are missing something

When You are in the EDIT Tab (top left) Just below SHARE you will see a drop down box with the word VIDEO. Click the arrow and go toLibrary Manager. In Library Manager select NEW, name your new folder.

To use the folder you have to CLOSE the Library Manager and then you will see your new folder has been aded to the drop down list. You can do the same for audio too.

Inactive

Thanks BruceMol,
      Doh, too easy…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap