VIXIA HF S21 with 64-Bit computer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m thinking of buying the new VIXIA HF S21 camcorder, to shoot mostly outdoor scenes, time lapse sequences, etc, for subsequent editing using Pinnacle’s Studio 14. Can this system come together on a 64-Bit, Windows Vista computer, or do I need to change some elements?

Thank you

Romeo,

Should be just fine. However, check the system requirements for PS14 as to whether it supports the 64-bit environment. Even if it doesn’t, Vista will most likely run it as a 32-bit application (x86). Just make sure your system has a CPU, GPU and RAM enough to push AVCHD video. That should be in the PS14 system req’s list too.

Participant

Mr. Porter,

Pinnacle Studio 14 software’s system requirements mention clockspeed at 2.4 Ghz, RAM at 4 GB, but nothing on the 32 or 64-Bit configuration. I will take your word on the operating system’s ability to run a 32-bit application. I might even upgrade to Win 7 just to be sure.

Thank you kindly.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap