- September 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM #40473jimbobParticipant
does anyone know where I can obtain a virtual weather map and sports files to produce a newscast video ?
- September 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM #173735Grinner HesterParticipant
You’d wanna create these per story, right?
- September 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM #173736AnonymousInactive
Do they have to be actual? Not speaking of quality but of topicality?
- September 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM #173737jimbobParticipant
NO, I AM PRODUCING A PILOT NEWSCAST AND FINDING AN INEXPENSIVE VIRTUAL SET AS WELL
AS WEATHER MAP IS SOMETHING I’M HAVING TROUBLE WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.
- September 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM #173738Luis Oscar MaymiParticipant
There is this webpage http://www.virtualset.com that have some sets that you may find interesting. Of course you need to buy them. I do the following: I download a picture of a virtual studio set from google (Not an actual news studio. You may get in trouble) and put my newscast logo somewhere in the picture in Photoshop. Then I record the talent with greenscreen, chromakey it and finally I use the NLE to make it look like there are on the desk. You can see this at the beginning of this footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-_JC7PkHg (NOTE: The weather forecast are in Spanish)
As for the weather maps, that depends on what exactly do you want to show your audience. There are hundreds of weather related maps. Model, radar, satellite, wind, pressure,etc. What exact areas do you want to cover in your newscast? Do you want your audience to know if its going to rain, a tornado, thunderstorms or for stormchasing purposes? Tell me what to look for and I will give you the weather maps links.
- September 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM #173739Grinner HesterParticipant
You are pitching a news show but you don’t know how to create or aquire the elements to make it, should you get a nibble?
Hit http://www.weathergraphics.com and http://www.virtualsets.com for starters. If you are not going to use a real weather map, you could just animate some elements over a US map. Not sure what that’s gonna buy ya. As far virtual sets, you’ll find the link I provided to be helpful and you can shoot accordingly.
- October 18, 2009 at 10:20 PM #173740
- December 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM #211431AnonymousInactive
i think you need this site for virtual sets you want
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.