Vimeo vs. YouTube

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m considering opeining an account. I’ve been reviewing the FAQ, but haven’t seen anything that I think would help me increase my revenue. Any thoughts?

Participant

Youtube has the numbers of people over Vimeo.

Participant

Hi,

Depend what is you have in mind to do?

If you just need to show your work like an artist to prove to entire world you are the best YouTube is the best in America and in the world.

If you are in buisiness and want to train poeple or show your product vimeo is the best very strong in Europe less in America the main advantage when you pay $59 for a year subcription you have no competition advertizing on your video. That means you stay away the competition from your product.

System watch for key word and movie title is easy to imagine how this work.

Vimeo offer more quality, try it free personnaly I prefer vimeo.

Regards,

YR

I have accounts with both. One I pay for with Vimeo because of the superior quality and much larger clip sizes in 720p HD. I also have one with the ‘Tube because of the numbers. However, I get much more feedback and sooner from Vimeo than YouTube.

Participant

I use Vimeo for my wedding and TV show showings, Youtube for my misc stuff like family, home videos etc. The BEST part I like about Vimeo is being able to download the source video anytime you want, not just watch the processed web version – and this definitely has saved my arse (forgot to bring the photo montage to a wedding due to rushing out the door in the morning during a blizzard – and Vimeo was around to save the day! I downloaded it to my phone and uploaded to the venue’s laptop and no one knew the better). Also apparently now you can upload your 5GB weekly quota in one uploading, however I have yet to get it to work for anything over 4gb. This still allows for uploading a nice hour long program in HD though!

Participant

As for the quality, in my opinion it always seems to flipflop. Vimeo will be better for a while then youtube will be better for a while.

Participant

Hi,

I am agree for the quality but my main consideration is advertizing if you promote your service or product using either YouTube or Vimeo I prefer to pay $59 a year and obtain a faster processing and viewing without competive ads on the movie.

Also a poor connection or somebody want to keep the movie can download the MP4.

Better to pay better quality and service actually.

Regards

YR

Participant

Thanks everyone! πŸ™‚ I’ll sign up for an account soon!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DesignCBTs?feature=mhum

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap