Videos only showing in Portions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When I upload a new media file to sony vegas pro, it only shows the top left portion of the actual video and I can’t figure out how to show the full video. Can anyone help me?

Participant

Hi Michael! I would love to help! Out of curiosity, what are your sequence settings and what is the size of the video that you are importing? If your sequence is set to 720 x 480 (SD resolution) and the video your importing is 1920 x 1080 (HD resolution) it would make some sense as to why your editor is only showing you the top left portion of the video. If you find that this is the case, you’ll want to scale down your video in your timeline until it fits in the smaller 720×480 window or secondly, change your sequence settings to match your footage settings which is probably the best scenario overall. Hope that helps!

By the way…this post wouldn’t happen to be yours would it? πŸ˜‰ The guy has the same first name!http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/930703

Participant

no, but i’m using the same recording software (hd pvr), thanks for the help,actually, it makes since now, ill let you know if i figured it out

Participant

another problem now is for some reason theres no transitions tab

Participant

nvm figured it out thanks for the help

Participant

Hey, no problem Michael. I know how frustrating these things can be! Please let me know if you need anything else!

Participant

Michael, in case someone else has a similar problem in the future and is searching for answers, please share your solution with the group. Thanks.

Mike

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites β€” 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap