Video Yearbook DVD Ideas

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Last year I offered to make a video yearbook for the choir class of the high school my child attends. It turned out I sold copies of the concerts I recorded for the yearbook as well as the yearbook itself.

I’m doing this again this year and wanted to make the yearbook even better. So I wanted to ask if anyone has ever done a video yearbook and can give me some ideas for the DVD layout and content to record.

Last year I recorded each student introducing themselves and I used that footage to break-away from some concert songs. I also recorded the students in the classroom fooling around while the inteviews were recorded. And I used that footage as break-away cuts during a concert song as well.

I think it turned out pretty well for my first attempt. But I would still like to maybe see some samples of other work to give me some ideas. So if anyone has anything to share, please let me know.

Dave

Participant

Never done one before, but thought of a decent idea. How about you show the smallest kid singing something and then voice over the super low bass singing. That would be funny… maybe. lol

Inactive

That would be funny. I’ll have to ask the students if anyone is game for it. I don’t want to hurt any feelings. But I think it would be funny to do that to all the sopranos.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap