Video Usage for Website

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

Hello Videomaker community:

I have edited three short films and make promotional video for a radio station and a pizzeria. We are currently working on our website and I want to upload all of this videos. I’m aware that I do not own any of the videos nor the content on it, but can I upload the videos to my website for future clients to see my work without having problems with the video owners? Do I need to inform the owners that I will upload their videos even if I will only use them to expand my video editing business?

That use is written into my signed production agreements with clients, but I still inquire with them to avoid problems. You probably should make contacting and asking part of your business operations – even if it were legal in all cases and circumstances.

Participant

Just email or call and tell them you’d like to use these as a demo because they turned out so good. Clients always love compliments. This also gives your the opportunity to book another shoot with the simple question “so, when is the next one?”

Inactive

I have never had a client refuse my request to put a portion of their video on our web site. Of course I give the client a plug along side the video.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap