Video transfer problem vx2000

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am tryin to get the vid from my vx2000 to my computer. But dont know how. I have a firewire, i plug it in, the computer chimes, and recognizes the cam. But only asks me to transfer stills, …. not video.

I didnt get any cd’s with the camera. So i dont know if i need some driver or not. I went to sonys site, and it said xp and vista already have the drivers for this cam. I am using XP.

I can open windows video maker (all i have right now) and record video straight to the computer only while the cam is plugged to the puter. So i know my firewire is good.

ANy help would be super. πŸ™‚

Inactive

do you have any other software that you use for video editing? you are plugging up the camera to the computer and the camera is set to vcr mode?

John

Inactive

Hey JohnBoy,

Sorry for the late reply. I only have WAX and Windows Movie Maker for now. I will have vegas eventually. But i want to figure this problem out before i make that purchase.

You are correct, im hooking up the camera, and putting it in vcr mode. The computer chimes, and a small camera appears in my task bar. Thats it. Nothing happens. So i click in the camera icon and it disappears, then the “Digital Video Device” window pops up and asks me what action i want to take, and there is only two choices present. It says, “Record video using Windows Movie Maker”. Or take no action.

So i decided to search for a driver. I found this and installed it with no change in results.

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/VX2000/get36613.html

;-(

Participant

It isn’t a problem.

In order to capture the video footage you need a program that can do that. Premiere, Vegas, Media 100, AVID, (and a lot more) are software applications that allow you to capture and edit video. Windows Movie maker will be able to do it for you. The name for the process is called capturing, though different programs have different names for it.

Inactive

Ok. I got it figured out i think. I just didnt have the A/C power plugged to the camera. So i hooked all that up, and put the cam in vcr mode. Win Movie Maker started up on its own now. I then clicked the file tab, and clicked record. Then i clicked the play icon, then clicked the button that says “Record”. It then played the footage on the camera, and on the computer screen, and recorded it to my hard drive.

Worked great. But the capture was slow (real time), and the vid quality was kinda crappy. The sound was excellent though.

Im goin after vegas now. I hope the capture is faster, and better quality.

Thanks for all your help so far. :))

One last note, it should be obvious by now how ignorant i am to this whole genre. That being said, what would be a good Vid Editing prog for me.

Ive seen a Vegas demo, and liked it.

Inactive

the capture won’t be faster, it will be real time only since you are capturing from tape.

Johnn

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap