Video Text Effect

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Anyone got any good suggestions or examples for display some text in the middle of a video. there will be some advertisements which will just have name and phone number of advertiser but i wanted to do something to spruce it up a bit so all suggestions welcome please.

Participant

My suggestion would be to NOT spruce it up – nice and plain, easy to read and remember. Unless you are advertising something like Elephant Antiques, then have a graphic of an elephant to get people to remember. Use the company logo if it is more memorable than text. Break the phone number up into area code, 3 digit, lots of space, 4 digits. That way local viewers really have to recall only 4 digits if they really want to remember anything at all. And that’s what you have to ask yourself, do you really expect people to remember the business name and phone number? It really does make a difference what kind of video you are talking about and what you are offering your advertiser.

Participant

its a video to show off features of our club with photos and videos, but every so often there will be a advert as they helped sponsor the club. I want to have some sort of effect with the text gettin displayed on the screen and then being nice and clear and still on the screen for x seconds before some effect happens and it goes away to be replace with more footage of the club

Participant

I shoud also say, I have been thinking of having our clubs logo spin across the screen before i show the text and after almost like a wipe. Ive got the logo created in 3d but ive no idea how id integrate this into my footage

Participant

Joe,

What 3D program did you use to create the logo and what program are you doing your editing in?

Normally, you would export either an image sequence from your 3d program (usually in Tiff format) or a video file that supports both RGB + Alpha so that you can have a transparent background. Once you have your image sequence or video file you would import it into your editing program and place it on a track above the video you want to use it as a wipe for just like any other piece of video footage.

Participant

I used cinema 4d and the output has been saved as tiff files. Im used premier pro, how can i add these files in and have them playing as 60fps over clips?

Participant

Stills are imported the same way any other asset is, File>Import.

An important thing to keep in mind is that C4D needs to export them as a numerical sequence and if you want transparency you have to set C4D to export an alpha channel.

Import numbered still image files as one clip

1. Make sure that each still image file name contains an equal number of digits at the end and has the correct file extension for example, file000.bmp, file001.bmp, and so forth.
    2. Choose File > Import.
    3. Locate and select the first numbered file in the sequence, select the Numbered Stills check box at the bottom of the Import window, and click Open. When Numbered Stills is selected, Adobe Premiere Pro interprets each of the numbered files as a single frame in a video clip.
    Participant

When i try to import the files, once i select more than one file numbered stills is disabled, they are all of the format movie0320.tif, movie0321.tif etc

Participant

actually ignore that, my mistake. that appears to be what i need thanks.

• Viewing 8 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap