Video ‘template’

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am doing my first video in Adobe Premiere Pro…just a slideshow to start out, of a Christmas themed picture collection that will play in church. I was wondering if there was a way to put a ‘Christmasy’ (for lack of a better term) template or ‘frame’ if you will, on the border of the entire show…ie. garland with ornaments, ribbons, etc. Bear with me as I am new to this πŸ™‚ Or does this need to be done in Photoshop to each individual photo?

Thanks!

Participant

This reply is surely too late, but just in case……..

Yes, this is very simple to do, but you do need Photoshop to create your frame. Create the frame or border, whichever you prefer to call it, in Photoshop and leave the center transparent – this is where the photos will appear. You’ll want to save this border frame image as a PSD or a PNG, becasue these will preserve the transparency or “alpha channel” as it is technically called.

Import your border file into Premiere Pro – drag it onto your timeline to video track 2. Then place your photos underneath on video track one. The photos will now have your border layered on top.

Have fun!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap