Video streaming how to? and a camera choice for such ?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Video streaming how to? and a camera choice for such ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi fellow editors.I have been asked set up quote on setting up a basic video recording studio within a small company.
      The client want everything in the quote from lighting to camera and tripods.
      The client wants live streaming of the video content also.

2 questions.
      Can anyone recommend a suitable camera for this?
      As the client wants to be able to operate the camera themselves with no background experience I thought the DSLR thing would be a little complicated.
      I was thinking a point and shoot with an audio input jack.

Secondly.. Can anyone recommend a tried and proved live streaming software?

Participant

What is the application for the output?  If they are going to be shooting instructionals with close-ups and fast motion, the camera requirements are a bit different than they are for doing ‘talking head’ 1 or 2 shots.  Also, what are you thinking about for audio?  Will they be free from intereference with unshielded cables, or will they need XLR?

Participant

Hi there and thanks for your reply.

The talent will just be talking heads and the output is HD embedded into the clients website.

The audio I am thinking is straight into the camera jack via a 3.5 mm cable. Something like a rode video mic on a boom or table top.

The reason I think we need to stay away from separate audio capture is for the fact that it will be live streamed and the operators of the equipment are not professionals.

Participant

I’d be very curious to see the responses here as well as I may be doing something like this for the organization that I work for and you sound like you are in a similar situation (budget wise) as I am.

Anyone?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap