Video slideshows to DVD

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I currently use Sonic MYdvd Studio to make DVD slideshows from still pictures with music. I’d like to try and make a slideshow with clips of video & be able to add music. Can it be done with this program? If not, what is a good and usable program to buy?

Thanks in advance!
      =) Traci

Participant

Sorry Traci,

I don’t use that program, so I can’t tell you if you can add video.

I use Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. You can add photo’s and video. Add music, narration, titles, transitions and can make DVD menus.

Some people have had trouble with the program crashing, but I have not.

It is very simple to use – no learning curve – really.

Inactive

I’ll second that.

Inactive

I do slide shows with movie clips and narrations with music backgrounds in Adobe Premiere Elements A very easy program and very good results. Good luck

Participant

Hey Tom Huck-wa

Can you use "Smart sound" with Adobe premiere elements?

Inactive

I am not familiar with "smart sound". Other than when the wife is correcting me.

Inactive

Videoman Wrote:

Hey Tom Huck-wa

Can you use "Smart sound" with Adobe premiere elements?

I’ll cover ya Tom. πŸ˜‰

Videoman,

The Smartsound plugin that is used for Premiere Pro does work with Premiere Elements too. You just have to do a few things different.

See link for details: http://smartsound.com/support/answers/link.php?id=281

Participant

Nice giggle to your reply Tom,
      Thanks for the link Video-maniac.
      Knew Premiere Pro was okay for smart sound, but not sure for elements.

These forums are great for getting what some people would call
      petty info, but if you don’t know – it’s not petty, it’s important.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Inactive

Studio works great for slide shows although only to a limit. Beyond a certain number you encounter problems. I can’t remember what they are since I encountered it two years ago.

The workaround is to create a collection of slide shows. Render each into a movie and piece together into a single unit. Kind of kludgie but you can’t complain for a hundred bucks original purchase price.

Today I’m using Adobe Production Studio which is a dream come true. Slide shows can be put together in an unimaginably short amount of time with what appears to be no limit. It has a one-shot transition specification and an option to have each slide randomly zoom and pan slightly. The pocketbook took a beating, however, at seventeen hundred bucks!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses β€” 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap