Video Setup

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have my current setup with dual 27″ displays running on a QuadCore Desktop, its nothing special but it gets my work done. Friends have been wanting me to upgrade my stuff so that I can edit their Indy projects. I have been wanting to upgrade anyway as I got a new job as a commercial editor and I would like to do some of my work at home.

I am going to build my own computer to use Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere, my budget is 15,000$

I can build a computer myself as I have built several what I have no clue about is more advanced setups for video editing. I keep hearing about Kona3G and BlackMagic but I don’t know exactly how they integrate.I would love to have scopes to check all my stuff for broadcast, speakers for surround sound setup and editing.

Honestly I’m just at a complete loss of where to start once I get the base computer setup. Here is what I have so far (I’ll store all my video/projects on my server):

Two Video Editing Monitors – Asus VH242H

Motherboard – Asus P6X58D-E

Processor – Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2Ghz

RAM -Corsair XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 (x4)

Hard Drive – Western Digital AV-GP WD10EURS 1TB 64MB Cache SATA

Graphics Card (for two monitors) – PNY VCQFX3800-PCIE-PB Quadro FX 3800 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

That is my base to work with now what I need is to figure out the rest of the setup

Capturing HD, SD and being able to Listen to and Edit Surround Sound. Should I just buy a Surround Sound card and get some quality speakers (I was thinking KRK Speakers) and somehow to hook up a broadcast CRT monitor and then also support a HD TV connection for previewing to clients and stuff, do I just need another graphics card or should I look into something like Blackmagic or Kona?

I’m sure you’ll have questions for me to help figure out more of my needs, I’ll answer what I can.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap