Video Setup

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have my current setup with dual 27″ displays running on a QuadCore Desktop, its nothing special but it gets my work done. Friends have been wanting me to upgrade my stuff so that I can edit their Indy projects. I have been wanting to upgrade anyway as I got a new job as a commercial editor and I would like to do some of my work at home.

I am going to build my own computer to use Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere, my budget is 15,000$

I can build a computer myself as I have built several what I have no clue about is more advanced setups for video editing. I keep hearing about Kona3G and BlackMagic but I don’t know exactly how they integrate.I would love to have scopes to check all my stuff for broadcast, speakers for surround sound setup and editing.

Honestly I’m just at a complete loss of where to start once I get the base computer setup. Here is what I have so far (I’ll store all my video/projects on my server):

Two Video Editing Monitors – Asus VH242H

Motherboard – Asus P6X58D-E

Processor – Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2Ghz

RAM -Corsair XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 (x4)

Hard Drive – Western Digital AV-GP WD10EURS 1TB 64MB Cache SATA

Graphics Card (for two monitors) – PNY VCQFX3800-PCIE-PB Quadro FX 3800 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

That is my base to work with now what I need is to figure out the rest of the setup

Capturing HD, SD and being able to Listen to and Edit Surround Sound. Should I just buy a Surround Sound card and get some quality speakers (I was thinking KRK Speakers) and somehow to hook up a broadcast CRT monitor and then also support a HD TV connection for previewing to clients and stuff, do I just need another graphics card or should I look into something like Blackmagic or Kona?

I’m sure you’ll have questions for me to help figure out more of my needs, I’ll answer what I can.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap