Video rushes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I’m a filmstudent, but i don’t have a camera yet. However I want to start editing, but I haven’t got any rushes. Is there a place where I can download unedited moviescenes or shots?

thank you!

Participant

Anyone?

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

What NLE you currently have? In Windows you have Movie Maker an in Mac Imovie and they are good start with. If you have a pro NLE (Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut) you will really need to download a video tutorial to know how to use the program. You can download the tutorials at Lynda.com or VTC.com. Spend hours and hours learning where the things are in the NLE and then you can start editing on your own. Not having a camera didn’t stop me from learning to edit video. Borrow
      a camera from any of your friends or family, it doesn’t need to be
      professional. Start with a digital photo camera that can record video
      and import several shots of you doing anything. Make a video montage,
      experiment with your NLE, just do something. As a film student you need to be persistent and if you want something go get it, don’t wait for it to happen. This is video, after a while you will notice that is not just a hobby or a passion, this is business. Keep learning and improving yourself to be the best. The internet have so many free things you can download, just look for it. As for your original question, yes you can download videos from Youtube and make a original story with several of them.

Tom,

Doesn’t your school have basic editing facilities and gear for you to check out? Have you enrolled in any shooting / editing classes yet? Until you do, the basic editing software Sarge mentioned (Movie Maker & iMovie) are good places to start. You can take photographs and using the basics of composition, screen direction and sequencing you should be able to make some nice short films as practice until you actually start shooting.

You can find free photos all over the web, but stock footage will cost you some money. However, your school should have stuff like that available to you already. Your access to it may be limited to whether you’ve taken or are participating in required classes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap