Video Reviews of Windows 8

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Here are a few video posted to youtube today about the consumer release of Windows 8. In this video listen to the guys as they talk about Windows 7 programs, they keep referring to the fact that Windows 8 is Windows 7 “PLUS” basically eye candy. So invest your money in video cameras, and editing software.

Participant

I ran it for 2 hours last week. Drove me batty. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to shut down/restart without smashing my power button in frustration. I would have kept using it to try and figure it out (probably will have to start figuring it out anyway some day) if it were not for Quicken refusing to recognize .net 4.5 was a higher version than the .net 2.0 that was a minimum version requirement.

I hate it when MS tries to ‘Macify’ windows. Win7 is truly a winner like XP was when they got all the bugs out. This new version looks to be more for tablet PCs and desktops are already in their rear-view mirrors. Forget that you can make desktops far more powerful and functional than tablets for the foreseeable future.

Participant

@composite1, What you said is what I have been preaching. W8 is for cellphones, tablets, etc…It is optimized for the ARM processor, and has the slick tile interface. In the above video when they switch to (Retro W7 desktop) that is what you are looking at W7. W8 is a tile interface laid on top of W7, simple and plain. Since it is released so soon after W7 MS will not get the sales they hope for, so here is my prophecy…

In the beginning MS will push W8 hard, even for current owners of W7 on their desktops and laptops. However the first few buyers who install on desktop or laptop that does not use a touch screen will revert to the (old desktop look) and then realize they paid $120.00 for what they already had. The Social Network sites will then be lit up with such HATE comments toward MS that even the news media will step in. Soon MS will have realized that this time they went to far in their attempt to repackage W7 and sell it to current owners that they will back off and face the public. They will release a news press that current owners of W7 on desktop or laptop that does not have a touch screen interface should not “upgrade” to W8 and MS will continue to support W7 indefinitely. However this will not stem the outcry from the public who will fear a forced upgrade sooner or later. MS will come back with a SP release for w7 that will include many of the features that are housed in W8.

W8 will be the last FULL OS to exit MS. They will continue to issue SP and support it along with W7. We will see, Windows 8.1, 8.2 8.3 releases in the future with enhancements to W8. W7 will be supported but will not get future enhancements as the industry makes a complete conversion to touch screen and touch applications.

That is the current direction I can foresee, if it turns out I am wrong I do not mind, after all I am only human.

Participant

Touchscreens will never fully takeover.

Participant

Agreed, Every in Star Trek they still had keyboards on some systems.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap