video resolution for movie

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

i want my documentry to b wide and should look like a pro. movie .

wat setting should i do for getting da effect.

i tried using 1 setting and its giving me various results

either da the clip contract or expand it is never da same each time its different

wat should u do.

Participant

What camera model are you using?

If you can shoot in it, and much of this is all subjective IMHO, then virtually any of the high definition resolutions will give you something distributable. The quality of the video and audio, framing, lighting, etc. is going to have more of a bearing on a perception of “professional movie” production than resolution and final distribution.

Inactive

I have Canon SX20 IS

i know its not gonna give the best result and its not a movie making camera but i wanna do sum thing.

i am a beginner.

PLEASE help me

Participant

OK –

Read the specs for the camera – You want to record in High Definition (1280 X 720). The standard def modes are 640 X 480 and smaller so these will not be very useful since SD is 720 X 480.

It records in Quicktime format (MOV) using H.264 compression so you’ll need some decent power on your computer to edit.

You’ll be able to record about five minutes for every GB of flash memory you have so you will be a little limited in that area as well.

What software (non-linear editor) are you using? I don’t know if all of them support MOV with H.264 so check that out before plunking down money.

Inactive

i use adobe premiere pro.

actually i convert the MOV file to AVI and then import it to premiere

sometimes the audio is missing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap