Video rendering and graphics cards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This is a question I have been pondering and can argue both ways.

How much does your graphics card play a factor in rendering speed, or any of the processing involved, when editing your video in Pinnacle, Sony Vega, etc…

In my mind I seem to settle on the idea thatthe processors are the key. Where a graphics card is more the visual display when I am watching a game or video of some type.

Thank you for the input.

Participant

From what I have learned, the rendering process relies pretty much solely on your CPU and some of the RAM. This is why it’s important to get a mutli-core high Ghz processor if you are going to be doing a lot of video editing.

Everything else while you are actually editing, watching,and/or previewing the video relies on both the graphics card and CPU. If you are using adobe CS5 with the Mercury Playback Engine a lot more of the stress is put onto your graphics card (if it is within the reccomendations of Adobe) while previewing the video.

Participant

That is what I thought. Thanks for the input. I’m running a quad core machine but always looking for ways that you can tweak and improve.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap