Video rendering and graphics cards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moab Man
      Participant

This is a question I have been pondering and can argue both ways.

How much does your graphics card play a factor in rendering speed, or any of the processing involved, when editing your video in Pinnacle, Sony Vega, etc…

In my mind I seem to settle on the idea thatthe processors are the key. Where a graphics card is more the visual display when I am watching a game or video of some type.

Thank you for the input.

PJ
      Participant

From what I have learned, the rendering process relies pretty much solely on your CPU and some of the RAM. This is why it’s important to get a mutli-core high Ghz processor if you are going to be doing a lot of video editing.

Everything else while you are actually editing, watching,and/or previewing the video relies on both the graphics card and CPU. If you are using adobe CS5 with the Mercury Playback Engine a lot more of the stress is put onto your graphics card (if it is within the reccomendations of Adobe) while previewing the video.

Moab Man
      Participant

That is what I thought. Thanks for the input. I’m running a quad core machine but always looking for ways that you can tweak and improve.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphics and Visual Effects’ is closed to new topics and replies.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

Panasonic LUMIX GH5s w/ Leica lens

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN