Video on Web

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Enjoyed Morgan Paar’s “Video 2 Go”. I’m already using a lot of video on the web but I have some questions beyond the article. What is the best format to stream in if you want it picked up by RSS? Do you have to use one of the main formats hosted in your own server? Ihave been using http://www.videoaddon.com which accepts wmv and others and convertes them to flash and hosts them on their server for streaming. There are limitations. The user cannot “download” the file as with wmv or mov etc. Other sites that do a similar approach with more bells and whistles for “communities” are vidilife.com, dailymotion.com, and youtube.com. video.google.com seems a good option but for best results mpeg4 is suggested (not a problem). But the easy “code” for posting in a video blog is not there as it is in places like videoaddon.com and vidilife.com. Maybe some of these questions will be more obvious if you take a look at my me3tv.com blogs. The flash videos play in set windows in the blog instead of a pop up window outside the blog. For some reason, I like that. But it seems to do this with a feed from google of mpeg4 is cumbersome to set up for each post. I know this will get easier as systems are developed but I wonder if there is anyother experienced person who would like to add to this discussion.

Inactive

Buzz,

Glad to hear that you’re making video for the web. Your point about viewers’ ability (and inability) to download videos is a good one. Some video bloggers who use Flash also have videos stashed away in another format (wmv or mpeg), elsewhere in their blog.

I’ll forward this on to Morgan.

-Andrew

Inactive

Of course an even larger issue is the ability to take advantage of RSS when the video file is feeding from a separate server in flash. It this is possible, I’d like to know how, but for the moment it appears to be a non-option. Any comment on this aspect is appreciated as well.

Participant

I have tried to upload and distribute videos through video.google.com.
      It’s not perfect (still Beta version), but has it’s own advantages: it’s free, no limit, easy to use for your customers, etc.

FAQ Video

http://www.vidflash.com
      hosting and converting

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap