Video implodes! HELP!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When burning a simple video from Final Cut Studio to iDVD, one of my mini-docs implodes at exactly the same timecode. The audio is still there, but I get a pixilated picture on what looks like a waffle board grey background. When I play the same video in QT in Final Cut or just on a QT Player, it plays fine throughout, but when I encode, it implodes!
      I’ve tried deleting the file from the iDVD document, then reinserting it and re-encoding, but it still happens.
      The project info window says I’m nowhere near the limit of data on the DVD.
      I’m flummoxed. It’s ruining my reel.
      Thoughts?
      Thanks,
      Rick Fuentes
      spokesproductions

TheDVshowTheDVshow
      Participant

Also try using different blank media and burn at a slower speed.

My guess is that the footage that is tripping up contains some fast motion.

Brian

Participant

Thanks for the reply fellas. Unfortunately, much of my raw video for that piece has been moved. So my timeline is no help unless I spend hours rebuilding it, and I’ve tried using other discs (non-Lightscribe), and I get the same result.
      What’s frustrating is that I’ve put this mini-doc on other reels with no problem. Only recently do I get this grey washboard thing. And the video isn’t super memory intensive. It’s just a priest standing in front of a window talking to his parish.

Rick Fuentes
      spokesproductions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap