Video Guys.com

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey Guys!

I have yet to buy any editing things online. But today I discovered videoguys.com and saw that they had some good prices. I don’t know if this is a reliable place to buy so if anyone has feedback please give it.

Thanks SO MUCH!

gwXtreme

Participant

Here is a great reference site for checking out store ratings. See how others rate teh store. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3471-p1-s3-d3.html

Participant

I have had experience buying from VideoGuys.com. I don’t know the details of how they get there products buts when I bought Cleaner 5 from them the price was extremely discounted but I did not receive and actual box and other proper documentation for the product. When I called the company directly at that time Media 100 or Terran Interactive I was missing information which they were loooking for. Maybe it was because they bought items in bulk or some kind of discounted way. I haven’t bought from there since because I did not want to have any problems when I contact the company that manufactured the software. Personally, I would not recommend this company. B&H Photo and Full Compass I do suggest buying from.

Participant

Hi, Gary Bettan from Videoguys here.

We’ve been in the video editing business since before we used computers to edit video. (in fact, we advertised in Videomaker issue #1 and every monthly issue since) When the desk top video became a reality, we were at the forefront – Explaining the technology to our customers and helping them to get it going. When DV came along things got better, but it still took a good deal of effort to get an NLE system up and running. Today things work much better, but we still find that most users need some level of support.

The Videoguys.com website is loaded with information to help you make the best buying decision and to get your system up and running as soon as possible. All purchases come with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and our free tech support.

We take pride in offering the very best custoemr service and support int he industry. When things go wrong for our customers we bend over backwards to make them right.

Feel free to give us a call 800 323-2325 – we’ll be happy to review our prodcuts and to take the time to make sure they will run correctly in your computer.

Gary

Participant

Derrick – I am not specifically familiar with your transaction, but we did in fact work out a deal with Terran for bulk versions of Cleaner. These units did not include the retail packaging, but they included everything else. They were sold to us as having the full support from Terran. When Terran was purchased by media100 we continued to purchase these special bundle versions. I was not aware of any customers running into issues registering or getting support for this product. When Discreet purchased Cleaner from Media100 they no longer made this special version available to us.

It sounds like you may have gotten caught between one of the time periods when Cleaner was being sold from one company to another. I want to assure anyone who purchases a product from us that we stand behind everything we sell. If you run into any issue with a purchase from us, just give us a call 800 323-2325 and we will do everything possible to fix the problem.

Gary Bettan
      Videoguys.com

Inactive

Gary: What video editing software do you recommend with my system specs? I have heard that with my specs I could not run Avid Xpress Pro. So what would you recommend I get?

My system is a

3.4 GHz P4
      2 WD Raptors (10,000rpm)
      ATI Radeon X600 XT Pci-Expres
      1 gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-533

Could I run avid? or would I be better off going with Adobe Video Collection 2.5 Pro?

Participant

You sure can run Avid Xpress or Avid Studio Essentials on your machine. Avid runs great on a much wider range of hardware than most folks realize – mainly because Avid support is chicken to actually admit it.

Avid has bumped the spec up to 1.5GB of Ram for Mojo. We’ve run Xpress Pro & Mojo just fine with 1GB. That said, I’m urging anyone doing serious editing (productions over an hour, or loaded with filters/FX/layers) to go to 2GB. Memory is still inexpensive, and we’ve found that the more memory you have, the smnoother the editing process goes.

The Adobe Video Collection is a great choice if you plan on using After Effects. AE is a great tool for compositing and creating video out of 2D & 3D objects. Premiere Pro is now a top notch NLE. I really like their 3D motion tool. Makes flying PIPs all over the screen a breeze.

Either app is capable of handling professional video work at every level. You can find plenty of good training DVDs & books for both.

Gary

Participant

Gary,

I appreciate your response to my posting about your company. I am glad you stand by the products that you sell. I did get caught in the middle of the the transition from Terran, to Media 100 and then to Discreet. That sounds like that was the problem. Because you did respond to my concern and clarified my experience, I look forward to looking at Videoguys once again to purchase future video/media products.

Inactive

Thank you very much for your response Gary. Now that I know my system can run either program which do you recommend: Avid Xpress Pro or Adobe Video Collection 2.5 Pro. Thank you very much,

gwXtreme

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap