Video Equipment for Newbie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi Folks:

Im interested in learning video editing and have been researching now for about a month. I have read a lot about a number if software and hardware products and would like some input if these items are a good start and will cover most all jobs including converting/restoring analog VCR tapes to digital. Ive come to the conclusion that the following hardware items are of good quality. Or am I going over board?

Computer:
      500w Power Supply
      Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe
      Graphics Card: Pony Quadro FX 1300 128MB
      Processor: Intel 3.0GHz
      Ram: 2 X 512Mb DDR2
      Drives: One 120Gb for system. One 160Gb for Video/Music/Pics

S-VHS Video Recorder: JVC HR-S9800U

Time Base Corrector: Data Video TBC-1000

Software: Avid Express Pro:

My guess is that all this will cost me about $3200.00. Your opinions are well respected.

Thank You

Participant

That looks great! My only advice is to bump up to 2GB of RAM. Check out our DIY2 article – we used the same Mobo http://www.videoguys.com/DIY2.html

I would also look into getting Mojo. It adds analog I/O and real-time playback from the timeline back to tape.

Gary
      Videoguys.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap