Video Editing Software for Old Sony DCR-TRV30 Camcorder

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Video Editing Software for Old Sony DCR-TRV30 Camcorder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Greetings:

This is my first post. I have a drawer full of unedited MiniDV tapes recorded on my Sony DCR-TRV30 and would like to know what current Video Editing Software will work with this camcorder. I am a newbie and want something that will allow me to get up and running in a quick amount of time with little effort. However, I would also like the software to have intermediate to advanced features available as I grow into it. I will be using a PC – not MAC – and running Windows Vista. I realize this is an older model Sony camcorder and not HD. It still works though and takes great video for my tastes. Any suggestions would be most welcomed. My drawer full of unedited MiniDV tapes covers my twin sons from one to six years of age.

My family is scattered throughout the USA & Canada and I have been promising for years to send out DVD’s of my children. Please help by answering my post with advice.

Thank You!

Eddie

Inactive

Greetings,

Please point me in the right direction. With the vast amount of knowledge and experience of the forum members here at Videomaker I am certain someone can offer suggestions to help me get started. If this is a forum for more advanced video people – then, please recommend a different forum for the beginner like myself.

Thanks,

Eddie

Inactive

I’m not familiar with that camcorder, but if it has a firewire port (also called IEEE 1394) then just hook it up to a computer that has a firewire port and use any recent editing software. Sony makes a very nice package called Vegas Movie Studio + DVD for around $100. You can download a free trial version:
      http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/step2.asp?DID=613
      But of course you don’t need to stick with Sony, there are other good packages by Adobe, Pinnacle, Ulead, etc. And if your computer is running XP, you probably have Windows Movie Maker. Haven’t used that, but I see it does have video capture capabiity.

BTW, you can probably find some editor reviews on this website. Just click on "REVIEWS", located right under the Videomaker logo.

Hope this helped, 🙂
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Ken,

Thank You Very Much!!!

My family and I appreciate the help.

Our current PC is not powerful enough to do video editing and we are planning on purchasing a new PC in June when my disability check arrives. Now I have a clue as to how to begin. Thanks again!

Eddie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap