Video Editing Job in a Media Company…How?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Video Editing Job in a Media Company…How?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi There, I am looking for advice from other Video Editiors who have been hired by media companies etc. and worked from home and how you went about landing the job.

I studied Film in University including Cinematography/Lighting, Film Editing, Sound Editing- (cutting/splicing). I currently use a Mac:imovie and Cubase. What software do I need to know? Tips and questions to ask during interview process? Tips on Video Demo? How do I go about getting a job like this?

My goal is too be hired by company in Toronto to edit or do video work on promotional videos from home… for Music Festivals, Concerts or entertainment. All advice and steps to reach my goal are welcome.

Thanks,

Videoz

Inactive

If you are hoping to work as a professional someday, then I would suggest that you try to learn ProTools (audio) and one of the major video editors (Avid, Vegas, Premier Pro, or Final Cut.) You can never go wrong if you know how to use all of these. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Inactive

Thanks Jeremy your advice was great. Now I know what software I need to know.

Participant

The Video and Film industry, like anything else, has very specialized fields. Do you have any idea of what you would like to do in the industry, what you would like to specialize in? There may be other tools or things to learn depending on your plan, like After Effects or other animation and effects tools.

Inactive

Hi chuckengels. I am not quite sure what the specific job title is but it would involve editing, FX and some creativity regarding videos for music festivals, concerts or entertainment. Any ideas? Thanks Again.

Participant

After Effects will definitely be a requirement and probably other tools as well. You are talking about some very expensive software and needing a lot of training. Check out Lynda.com for tutorials on After Effects and other professional software. Try to find a job as an intern at a local cable or TV station.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap