Video Contest requirements, e.g. copyright protection

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Video Contest requirements, e.g. copyright protection

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am trying to get some info to pass along to my friend who islooking forinfo about holding a film/video contest and legal requirements their non-profit may need. My friend is in charge of organizing a annual rock climbing contest and this year they want to add a video contest. He sent me the “rules” and I asked him if he’d looked into copyright requirements for filmmakers and the non-profit organization he works with. Does anyone have basic – extensive information about this so he can better prepare himself and the event? He works with CTCC (central texas climbing committee) and they do not work as a profiting organization, they soley raise money for Enchanted Rock State Natural Area and all proceeds go to the park for maintenence. What is the best way to cover themselves if a filmmaker didn’t receive proper copyright permission to use (we’ll say) the song they cut into their vid? Will they be liable if they put the video on their site post contest? Etc….

I’ve received amazing info on this forum before so let me say in advance, Thanks for your time and info!!

Inactive

require as part of the submission proof that permissions have been granted for use of copyrighted materials in the video. If it’s questionable, then reject the submission.

Inactive

Do you know of any info that the organization can look into, and what they need to look out for or be cautious of?

Participant

There is a tab at the top of this forum for contests. I would recommend going to some of the contest sites and see the kind of requirements that they have listed to enter their contest.

Inactive

I would also suggest that he adds a clause to his submission form stating that the contestant will take all responsibility if copyrighted material is relaesed and triggers legal actions. Otherwise, if your judges slip and miss something, there’s a possibility that the competition host would be the one sued for playing a clip with copyrighted material.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap