Video Card and Graphics Card???….HELP!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      RockstarRider
      Participant

Is a Video Card the same thing as a Graphics Card??….just very curious…i noticed that my computer has a 64MB of shared video memory which i think is the reason why i cant watch HD video smoothly…am i right…i want to upgrade to at least a 256MB video card…Do you think that my problem is because of the very little 64MB video memory….I saw a graphics card with 256MB for only 40 bucks and i think imma buy it…PLEASE HELP…

NormanWillis
      Participant

what system do u have?

check your specs, and see if you have either a PCI Express x1.0 or 2.0 card slot.

if you do, you can get a good vid card aftermarket for $100-200. Just check to see if it is a 1.0 or 2.0 card b4 u order

NormanWillis
      Participant

also, pack as much system ram as you can get under your hood. it is dirt cheap nowadays, and makes all the difference.

NormanWillis
      Participant

i would say snag that card, and start there. Also, stack up with RAM.

check your specs and make sure what you are getting is compatible. shouldn’t take too long.

$40 card should make a world of difference.

RockstarRider
      Participant

ok yeah thanks…imma save up for a 1GB of RAM mmeory and at least a 256MB video card..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN