Video capture via HDMI

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to capture video from a DVD/VHS combo (with HDMI) right into a computer with a Blackmagic HDMI capture card?

Inactive

yep…should work fine

askblackmagic to be sure

Inactive

YES/NO! I would say that it depends what you are trying to capture. If you are trying to capture a purchased dvd movie that has copy protection, then the HDCP copy protection will kick in and not allow you to do it, as the Blackmagic card may not support HDCP:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/ <—– look under EXTRAS (at the bottom), then COMPATIBILITY

“The HDMI standard sometimes includes copy protection encryption, such as commonly found on DVD players and some brands of set top boxes. When connected to these copy protected sources, the HDMI specification defines that Intensity cards cannot capture.”

If it is something that you burned on dvd, then it should not have any problems with it.

I have a question as to WHY you are trying to capture through HDMI with a dvd/vhs player? The HDMI port on that just does the upscaling on DVD, so you are not even getting a true HD capture of that. You are getting a 720×480 upscaled to 1920×1080!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap