Video BIO’s

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What is a good way to do video bio’s in Final Cut Pro

Participant

Shoot an interview of the person who wants the bio.

Shoot b-roll that corresponds to what he or she says during the interview.

ingest your footage.

lay down the interview sound bites you want to use. Edit them to a nice pace with some music.

add your b-roll, add your graphics

fine tune your audio, do some color correction

output to tape/dvd/web/etc

Participant

how long does it take to cook at 12 lb turkey, Robert?

lol

“how long does it take to cook at 12 lb turkey…?”

That’s funny.

Participant

i am confused…which is not unusual

I’m thinking grinner is being his usual hilarious self, and it got composite smiling as well. The probable logic behind the 12-pound turkey was how specific and exact you were with your precise and concise directions to Jerome. I’ve never been able to write so succinctly.

By the way, don’t bother giving grinner your turkey recipe, he’d likely get stuck with the part about feather removal πŸ˜‰

Participant

By the way, don’t bother giving grinner your turkey recipe, he’d likely get stuck with the part about feather removal

You mean you’re not supposed to start by polishing the beak?

Participant

dammit, I knew I was doin’ it wrong.

Hence the question, I reckon.

Hey what’s the best way to mow the lawn?

“You mean you’re not supposed to start by polishing the beak?”

‘Cat, ‘Cat, ‘Cat,

And you call yourself a ‘Moderator’? Everyone who’s ever cooked a turkey knows you use the lawn mower to file it down first. Otherwise it will punch a hole when you shove the head up the turkey’s butt with the giblets and stuffing. Honestly….

Grinner,

That’s simple, get your wife’s best pair of scissors after you use an old-fashioned ‘push mower’ to put that ‘putting green’ finish on it. Your wife will love you for it….

Okay, I do believe we have officially ‘drifted off topic’.

Participant

Okay I got it this is for a guest pastor at a church I want to have his photo and text bio on video at the same time I just want some idea on best way to do this.

Jerome,

Sorry about that. However, Rob did give you a breakdown of how basic video work is done. Your ‘video bio’s’ are basically interviews augmented with photos and music. Now, if your question is ‘how do I tell a story with a video project?’ Your best bet is to dig through the VM ‘how to videos’ preferably those dealing with documentary and news to get a look at how interviews, photos, graphics and music are pieced together to tell a story. If you are familiar enough with Non-Linear Editing to use Final Cut Pro, putting such a project together shouldn’t be too much of a stretch for you after looking at those videos.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap