Video Agent Program

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I hope this isnt too out of line for these forums but I wanted to promote http://www.ChosenList.com as a resource for videographers to have an opportunity tomake some greatmoney. http://www.ChosenList.com is a digital blend of Craigslist, YouTube and Jobing.com. We provide a platform for individuals to post video classified ads of items and services for sale and businesses to promote themselves and attract new employees.

So how can you make money? We have found that despite easily accessible technology most of the population does not have the time, ability or the technology to shoot andupload a video to the internet. This is where amateur and professional videographers cancome in. First off, as we are expanding (should be in 300 U.S. cities by the end of this year)we are contracting professional videographers for clients that express interest in havinga video made for the website. Primarily small-medium sized businesses promoting themselves and recruiting employees. Service professionals and high end items for sale in our classifiedsalso sometimes request professional videography services. As these requests come in we refer them out to local video makers in the communityto facilitate that. This is truly going to be a gravy train for the people on-board. Just taking orders as they come in.

On a smaller scale videographers can go out, shoot and upload items that people have for sale for our classifieds sectionas a great way to supplement their income. I was one of the first people to pioneer this idea in our home town of Scottsdale, AZ and as an amatuer videographer with an RCA Small Wonder Camera I was making over $100 an hour shooting and uploading videos for people who had boats, cars, homes and general items for sale. Just a quick 60 second video with the owner highlighting the cool points about the item is all it took.

This is an incredibly easy way forpeople just getting started, amateurvideographers and pros to make great money and suplement their income.100% of whatever you make goes straight back to you. So what do we get out of it you ask? Content to our website and traffic. Simple as that.

Check out the site for more information and if you have any questions or interest at all dont hesitate to contact me through the website. Our contactpagehas all the information you need including my cell phone number. If we are not in yourcity yet let me know and we can get that started with you very easily.

http://www.ChosenList.com

Inactive

I cant believe no one has responded to this thread…. lol whats the deal?

Participant

I’d take you up, but I already have a job and am too busy.

I too wonder why no one replied to you. maybe they think so many links and text is intimidating to read and learn about.

Sounds easy enough and could make some good money/get experience.

Participant

Who finds the sellers for a shoot? How do you plan to get sellers and buyers to the site?

Participant

I might sign up for this if your website worked and had a little bit more.

First thing- no location near where I go to school. I go to school in Rochester, NY and there are no NY locations at all.

Second thing- every time I try and figure out how to sign up to be a video agent, it sets my location to Phoenix, AZ.

And third- your website does not work in Opera. Opera creates their browser to standards, so it’s a good idea to support proper standards.

Fourth, if you want to run a website about creating videos for classifieds, etc, you might want your videos to have a professional look. On one of your videos there was harsh wind noise on the microphone and lots of camera shaking. You should probably invest in a tripod and windsock for your microphone.

Fifth, you say people should charge $10-$150 for a 30-60 second video. Now this might sound like a good price, and for most ads I’m sure it will be, but limiting to $150 is going to turn away some videographers. For any professionals out there doing video as a living, $150 is pittance (I’ve heard some people charge as much as $5000 for a 30 second spot).

And finally, you list that you get paid directly by the person you are making the ad for. Personally, I’d be a little afraid of this method because what if they stiff you? Do you offer any kind of protection where the videographer still gets paid even if the seller refuses to pay? (I know you can hold off giving them the final product until they pay, but if they refuse to pay you still went through all the work of shooting/editing/etc, and have a finished product useless to you that they no longer want)

I don’t mean to be harsh or anything, I’m just trying to point out why I can’t sign up and why others might not sign up.

Inactive

Steve,

Currently, the Video Agent is responsible for aquiring business. We have an awesome buildout currently underway that will be live soon that incorporates a way to connect people who want a video with a video producer. So there is a lot of functionality coming in regards to the Video Agent Program.

Ralck,

I appreciate all of the feedback. Thats exactly why I would post something like this on the site.

First- We are planning on being in 300 cities by the end of the year. If you were interested in piloting this programor had others that might be interested I could open up any of the cities in New York in five minutes.

Second- Like I mentioned to Steve we are building out an entire Video Agent website right now that is going to fix a lot of the issues and make the process more streamlined for us and the user so you shouldnt have problems like that. Currently Phoenix is our “default” page and when you sign up as a Video Agent it doesnt put you in a city, its just one universal list regardless of where you sign up. (hope that makes sense)

Third- Thanks for letting me know!

Fourth- None of the principals of the site have any technical experience, including myself. We are all business, marketing, sales, real estate, finance, private equity guys. So there are some obvious challenges there. A lot of the work is outsourced; someof it we do ourselves. At the same time we are trying to make this idea accessible to the masses. Anyone can pickup Flip or RCA Small Wonder Camera and become a video agent. We areattempting to make the videos more organic and “community” feeling. Although I know the video you are referring to and it is terrible. 🙂

Fifth- Video Agents can charge whatever they want. The $10-$150 is simply just a guide. Although I dont think anyone is going to pay $5,000 for someone to shoot a classified video ad of their sparerefrigerator for sale. That being said, we havemany companies that are looking for professionalrecruiting videos for our job sectionand the Video Agent program works for us in two ways. First, people can go out on their own and make money shooting classified video ads as anamateur or professional at whatever skill level. Second, companies are coming to us looking to swanting to have something produced so we have a “preferred network” of the more professional videographers that we refer that business to where invoices are going to be much higher (in the thousands). Unfrotunately we dont have that information up on the site as of right now. I fear it might get a little overwhelming and confusing to the average user.

Finally- What stops the plumber from ripping off some old lady? Its just a service like anything else. The videos for classifieds dont need to be edited and should only take you literally 5 minutes to get in and out with 60 seconds worth of footage. Its a very simple process. You get paid before you leave. If you get stiffed its just the way it goes. I did this for many people as I was testing the idea out and was never “stiffed”. On the flip side we have methods in place if a videographer is out there ripping people off also.

Anyway, I appreciate all the feedback. We are still a new site and growing with a very new concept so there is no playbook for what we are trying to create. But people like yourself really help us trying to make the site as good as it can be.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again.

Brandon

602-821-2033

Participant

I also signed up, but I still don’t see how we would be notified that someone in our area needs a video shot.

Inactive

I also signed up, but I still don’t see how we would be notified that someone in our area needs a video shot.

Currently there is no way for you to be notified when someone needs a video shot. We are developing a lot of that functionality now and are hoping to have that up in the next 30 days. As of right now it is all based on the Video Agents marketing the service themselves.

Participant

I don’tknowwhat yourcurrentlyworking on now,butit might be nicetohave aninfo pageforvideographersto list what kindsof stuff theydo (i.e. mostly car ads, or home ads,etc) and a contact section.Maybe even list some short samplesof their work?

Then,when someoneneedsan admade,they get a listing of allvideographers within X miles (selectable byuser) oftheir locationandtheycanfind the bestvideographer fortheirneeds?

Inactive

I don’tknowwhat yourcurrentlyworking on now,butit might be nicetohave aninfo pageforvideographersto list what kindsof stuff theydo (i.e. mostly car ads, or home ads,etc) and a contact section.Maybe even list some short samplesof their work? Then,when someoneneedsan admade,they get a listing of allvideographers within X miles (selectable byuser) oftheir locationandtheycanfind the bestvideographer fortheirneeds?

Thats exactly what we are working on… 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap