VHS to DVD conversion copytright bypass

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing VHS to DVD conversion copytright bypass

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all

I have a problem i think i know the answer but would like a secound opinion.

I want to convert my vhs videos to dvd. I have treid using my canon850i as the convetor but all i get is copyright protected error message and the camera stops recording.

The set up is as follows,
      Video player conected to my camcorder via a scart adaptor ( The one with the in and out switch) then going staight into my camcorder via AV in.

Do i need a special box to bypass the copyright or is there a way of doing it via a video card in my computer. The video card that i have at the mo is pretty old.

Cheers for your help

Inactive

What you want to do is not legal and this forum tries to stick to good standards. Internet search will be your best bet.

Inactive

As far as being illegal it depends on if you own the "original". You are allowed to "by law" to make a back up arcivial copy for your own use. If you decide to sell the original you must include the copy or destroy it.

Do you have a capture card? and video editing software? If you do, hook the VCR to you computer using componet/ S Video and inport ito your NLE.

hope this helps

Inactive

As i said above these are my video’s of which i want to convert to dvd for my own use.

As i read the law this is not illegal and as long as i do not sell the copys and just use them for my own use as far as i know this is within the law. Correct me here if i am wrong please.

Will using a capture card through in my pc get round my problem?

Inactive

http://www.best-dvd-burning-software-reviews.com/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap