VHS to Camcorder AV in To DV out not working

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

A friend of mine has lent me his Sony PC9E camcorder which is equiped with a AVin To DV out conversion function. I am hoping to use this to get my wedding video off of VHS and onto my Apple iMac via the firewire port.

The Sony comes with a cable which has Red/White and yellow phono plugs and I have plugged these into a Sacrt to Phono adapter with an in/out selector switch. I’ve plugged this into the AV1 scart soc on my VCR and then connect the camcorder as per the instructions, But when I press play I get no play back on the Cams LCD display, and when I start capture in FCE HD no video or sound is captured.

Any ideas what the problem could be ?

Many Thanks

Sparky

Inactive

Sparky……check the menu in the camcorder settings, make sure you have the AV in DV out turned on!

If you can’t get it to pass through, you can always record your VHS tape to a DV tape inside the camcorder. Then go from the camcorder to your Mac. Might take twice a long, but atleast it works.

Oh yea, You might also want to try putting the camcorder in REC+Pause mode (simply press record and pause at the same time. Sometimes known as arming to record). This might help you see something show up on your mac.

Inactive

Many thanks for all the replies. I had tried all of these. Anyway I discovered yesterday what the prob was.

I had the display in LCD/V-OUT mode instead of LCD mode only. This prevented the camcorder displaying the video and prevented output on the firewire to the computer.

So all working. Man I’d forgot how young I looked when I got married 😯

Sparky

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap