VHS movies to DVD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello

Im trying to convert some old VHS movies to DVD.

I attached the VCR to Dazzle hardware

which plugged into USB and started capturing footage using Roxio’s Video Wave Pro Version 7 (VW7) — nothing I could do could make the program and record the sound. I tried all kinds of different settings — under audio there was a setting for a sound card or a setting for the Dazzle hardware. When I tried to click the Dazzle hardware and then click OK it would always revert back to the Audigy soundcard.

So then I went to Windows Movie Maker and captured it using that program (sound and all) but WMM will not burn DVDs! So I imported the WMV file back into VW7 to try to burn it. It burned the first time using default settings. (2hr movie burned in under 1hr) but the defaut was set for "playback on this computer" and the result was a choppy video.

I thought maybe it was because the file type was not on par with the different program so then I tried U lead’s Studio 8, hoping to be able to capture and burn within one program. It was able to capture the video and sound, but when I tried to burn, it ran for hours and hours and eventually gave me the error and DVD R– INC– SBT I 2A — 02 — 04 — 09 — 01 then in brackets 93006: 1:0

Since both video and audio were captured using WMM, I can assume that Dazzle is working ok.

has anyone heard of these errors?

How can I get VW7 to record the sound?

(downsized image)

Inactive

Compusolver,

thanks for the advise.

I tried the Roxio forum to no avail.

well, I ran the file from WMM through a compressor – it said it was down to 2. somthing Gs however, when I went to the file and checked the properties, it was the same as it was before (about 10G for a 2 hr movie).

so within Roxio Video Wave Pro 7, I cut the program in half to make a 2 disk program from it.

this time it burned ok, quality was good but the AUDIO and VIDEO were WAY OFF!

VWP7 only sees the file as one – A&V are not on seperate tracks like Premiere for instance.

(also tried to import this file in to Encore DVD 2.0 but it woulde not accept it saying the size was off. — in the converter program, I tried to change the size to 720x 480 but Encore still saw it as 460 x something.)

now what?

Inactive

Compusolver,

will ask around some more on their site.

— I also tried using the TV tuner with a cable hook up from VCR out to TV in on the PC but still couldent capture the sound.

the only way thats worked for me to capture sound (not coming from a camera) is through windows movie maker

I have Ulead Video Studio 8 running right now (more less as a test). Imported the subject matter, trying to burn an image to the hard drive. ULead wants to re-render it. and that process is going too slowly – at one hour in, it was reading 10%. At that rate were looking at a 10hr rendering for a 2 hr movie (which was already a movie to begin with).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap