Vegas8 install on new computer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I thought I should starta new thread for this. I just completed building my new computer amd quad core with widows 7 home premium 64bit.

I will be re-installing Vegas 8 on the computer. My question is I am currently running 8.0c on my old computer. On the new computershould install 8.1 to take advantage of the 64bit operating system. Yes no maybe?

Do I need to re-install from the original disk and then update to 8.1 or can I just download 8.1 and install using my serial number off of the box?

Another dumb question. Can I have both versions 8.0c and 8.1 installed on the same computer? I assumed it would be one or the other.

Thanks for the help.

Participant

Ceville, Congrats on the the new machine. I have Vegas 8 as well but trying to get the feel for Pinnacle 12 Ultimate, I think Vegas is a fantastic program. With that said, in my opinion:

1. I have Vegas8.od if its the latest update but not sure where you found 8.1-I checked on the Sony support site. only 8.0c available for download. Are you sure8.1 is from a legitimate source?
      2. You don’t need to install from the original CD you can download from the Sony site then just register with your keys. (serial #’s off the box)
      3. You might be able to install two versions if you create a new partition then install the second version into it. If you you need a free partion maker or you have a question on how to do thatlet me know.
      Participant

Thanks for he response. the 8.1 is a seperate link on the Sony website under the software updates. It is after 9.0 but above 8.0.

Participant

Hey you’re welcome, You’re using the Pro version (which wasn’t mentioned) I’m using the the normal consumer version but the rest of my reply still applies, I hope you get more input from more people on here, good luck with it and have fun.

(I’m a subscriber to the magazine and just a novice amateur in vid production starting to feel like everyone here is a pro, guess I got lots of catching up to do.)

Participant

Well it looks like I will be installing vegas pro 8.0c. After reading a lot of the comments about problems with 8.1on the forums at the sony software site I think I will wait to go 64bit when I can afford to upgrade to vegas pro 9

Skye

Not evryone here is a pro. A lot of us just have a passion for doing video and this is a great place to learn and advance. Sometimes I do get a few $$’s for some projects butI don’t consider myselfa pro. There are many pro’s on the site as well as novices and everything in between. No matter where you fit in the list there is always something new to learn and this is a great place to get help and advice as well as share what you have learned with others.

Cville

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap