Vegas vs Movie Studio

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi. I have looked at the online page about the sony family and what each package includes.

As I am not a pro and do not really know a lot I am wondering if you get that much more for your $ when you buy Vegas as opposed to Movie Studio 9 Platinum? There is about $400US difference and I am not a pro and will not be for at least a year, maybe two. Any help?

cheers

Participant

You will be ok either way you go on your choice. If you are just starting out MS-9 will have everything that you need, but as you progress and you want more then you will want to upgrade

costing more. My advice if you can afford the pro version go for itYou may not use everythng there right away but when you are ready

to use it it will be there, if you can’t afford it no worries MS-9 will get the job done for ya.

Daryl

Inactive

cool

can sort of afford it now but will have more $ after the holidays

so may start off easy and go from there

cheers

Participant

I started out with the Movie Studio version of Vegas (called Screenblast Movie Studio then) and quickly moved up to the full featured version.

The two biggest things you’ll run into is the limit of four video and four audio tracks for Movie Studio (I have several project with literally hundreds of video tracks – needed when you use a lot a track motion adjustments and don’t have the time to keep on resetting keyframes) and the lack of scripting support (I have a handful of scripts I use for almost every project).

Aside from this, you’ll probably be fine with the MS version – Also, Sony occasionally has great upgrade deals (usually a couple of months after they bring out a new version) so you might be able to upgrade to Pro 9 (after it is out) for only a couple of hundred at some point – no guarantees but it has happened (how I moved up).

Inactive

birdcat

thanks for the info

Inactive

I have been using Pinnacle Ultimate Studio 12. I recently purchased Sony Vegas MS 9 Platinum. While it is not as intuitive as Pinnacle, it is far less buggy and seems to have some really nice functions. The rendering is a MAJOR plus compared to Pinnacle. It is going to take me a while to adjust, but so far, I like it just fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap