Vegas Pro 9.0 – Large file, extreme lag

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Vegas Pro 9.0 – Large file, extreme lag

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

So, i’ve been recording some gameplay with DxTory with an x264vfw codec.

The end result is in an .avi file which is about 48 minutes long, 9,1GB large.

Im doing this in Vegas 9.0 Pro because 10.0 doesent support x264 anymore and i understand that it takes some time to load such a large file, but i really cant work with it.

Everytime i try to jump to a different time in the timeline it takes about 10 seconds do even get there and to preview the video is impossible, it lags extremely much and most of the time i get “Sony Vegas 9.0 dont respond” and the program crash.

So now im wondering if it is the file thats the problem or just the sheer size of the file? I’ve been working with FRAPS files before and made 3-4 min long videos, where only 45 seconds is about 4GB, so i dont understand why the 9GB file would be a problem?

Also, when i cut down the video to about 15 seconds, it still lags and i cant preview anything, so i really could use som help here.

Thx!

Participant

I use version 8.0c of Vegas Pro and routinely work with files that are two hours or more in length — 25-30gb. I’ve never experienced the lag that you’re describing.

So, I suspect that the problem lies in your computer, or in the way you have Vegas configured, more likely than not the former. I’m presently using Windows 7.0 on my computer although I used to use Vegas 4.0 and XP and never had problems either.

You might search the Sony Vegas forum for threads discussing buffer size in your Vegas setup; incorrect allocation of memory can negatively impact certain functions in the program. There are also threads discussing slow performance generally which might prove helpful.

If you’re joining the Vegas forum for the first time, be sure to include all the specs regarding your computer setup as this will help forum members diagnose your problem.

Jack

Inactive

Oh i totally forgot to include my specs.

They are the following:

<p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>Mobo: MSI P67A-GD65 REV B3
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>CPU: Intel Core I5 2500kK 4,2 Ghz
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>GPU Geforce GTX 580 SLI
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>RAM: Corsair 16GB CL9 1600Mhz
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>PSU: Corsair TX 850W V2 80+ Bronze
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>Sysdisk: Corsair SSD Force 3 Series 120GB
      <p id=”_mcePaste” style=”position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;”>HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1,0TB, Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB

Mobo: MSI P67A-GD65 REV B3

CPU: Intel Core I5 2500kK 4,2 Ghz

GPU Geforce GTX 580 SLI

RAM: Corsair 16GB CL9 1600Mhz

PSU: Corsair TX 850W V2 80+ Bronze

Sysdisk: Corsair SSD Force 3 Series 120GB

HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1,0TB, Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB

Oh there is these kinds of threads? I searched but came up empty.

Guess i have to dig deeper.

Still would very much like any kind of help if somone is sitting on information out there.

Inactive

Oh, sorry for the HTML stuff, copied it from another forum, ignore that and read the text below, it’s the speccs.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap