Vegas Pro 10

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

In case you have notseen this Sony will be releasing Vegas Pro 10 on October 11th. There is also an update to DVD Architect to 5.2. I’ll be interested to see what the upgrade cost will be since I recently upgraded to 9.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro10

Inactive

*drolls*

Participant

GPU-Accelerated AVC Encoding? Does that mean my SLI will mean something now? 😀

Participant

sounds like the gpu acceleration is limited to avc encoding only and will be no help in editing avc footage on the timeline… so far I’ve had nothing but problems using 9.0e andfull 1080 offmy nx5 and was looking forward to VP10 catching up with CS5 but looks like that might not be the case?

Participant

Ok so I am a little tired at the moment. The encoding will help render times, correct? Or do I have that backwards. I really do not have an issue editing AVCHD in the timeline (assuming this would be included in the AVC statement). The only time it really slows down is if I have something other than colorcurves/correction on the file and I am editing in 32 bit – and typically editing in 8 bit is fine then I turn to 32 bit for rendering.

Inactive

Just finished cutting some “B” roll footage of an event my church had put on with my newly installed Vegas 10 Pro suite. It’s similar enough to version 9 that the work went smoothly (edited 8 bite mpg2 files , rendered 32 bit for quality) but noticed and interesting glitch: when cutting and shifting footage in the time line, then backing up a bit to review what was done as the video played, the image in the preview screen would start to clump up in big pixels and then switch to the footage that had been deleted or moved in the time line. “what the heck was going on” well, I finished the editing and rendered the file resulting in an mpg2<qtlend></qtlend> file that was fine, just as I wanted it, so the glitch didn’t show up in the rendered file. Note: I always pre render my MTS files from my Canon Vixia cameras (1080i video, rendered 32 bit) into mpg2 files so I can see all the frames while editing

editing machine: 2.8 gig dual core processor, 4 gigs ram , 1 gig ram evga video card, 500 gig hard drive

Inactive

This is an update, I was using Singular Software’s Plural Eyes in Vegas Pro 9 to sinc multicamera shoots and it worked well, when i updated to Vegas pro 10, the version I had wouldn’t install as a plugin. A quick e-mail to Singular Software and i got a response from them that I should download the latest version of the trial version and install it into Vegas 10, and that the software would find the installation key automatically and be available to use. I’ll be doing this later today as i have a large multi cam project to edit.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap