Vegas MS HD 11 error in DVDa

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just received Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite by mail.I received anupgrade price( presently using VMS 9). I was upgrading mostly for the ability to burn Blu-ray with menus. I made a quick video to try it out. When I got to thestep where I rendered and burned to Blu-ray with menu, an error window appeared with the statement “An error occured while writing a file. Error 0x80131604 (message missing)”. After hours of trying different things and googling the code and sifting through a lot of “fixes’ (which included trying an update from Microsoft for the NET framework), I stumbled upon a thread that gave me a solution that worked. 1) Uninstall VMS and DVDa, 2) restart computer, 3) download latest build of VMS and DVDa from updates page http.//www.sonycreativesoftware.com/downloads/updates

After this I made a short video and burnt a Blu-ray with menu on the first try! I’m not really sure why this worked but I was just happy that it did.

I hope that this helps somebody else avoid hours of frustration. Keep shooting.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap