Vegas MS HD 11 error in DVDa

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just received Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite by mail.I received anupgrade price( presently using VMS 9). I was upgrading mostly for the ability to burn Blu-ray with menus. I made a quick video to try it out. When I got to thestep where I rendered and burned to Blu-ray with menu, an error window appeared with the statement “An error occured while writing a file. Error 0x80131604 (message missing)”. After hours of trying different things and googling the code and sifting through a lot of “fixes’ (which included trying an update from Microsoft for the NET framework), I stumbled upon a thread that gave me a solution that worked. 1) Uninstall VMS and DVDa, 2) restart computer, 3) download latest build of VMS and DVDa from updates page http.//www.sonycreativesoftware.com/downloads/updates

After this I made a short video and burnt a Blu-ray with menu on the first try! I’m not really sure why this worked but I was just happy that it did.

I hope that this helps somebody else avoid hours of frustration. Keep shooting.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap