Vegas Movie Studio crop and pic in pic questions

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Vegas Movie Studio crop and pic in pic questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have Vegas Movie Studio 9 platinum. I cannot seem to figure out how to crop a clip to do picture in picture with another clip. I have tried using the pan/crop tool, which is nice, but cannot seem to get a handle on it for this function.

EG, I am trying to edit a telphone conversation with a split screen by simply cropping and placing the cropped video (1 clip on the left and the other one on the right). Whenever I try to crop, it adjusts everything from all angles.

Help?!?

Inactive

Be sure to click the button on to maintain aspect ratio In the pan crop window, click on one of the corner grips and move outward. this will reduce the image size maintaining resolution. then you can click on the frame and move accordingly.

Hope this information helps.

Inactive

Thanks, I will give that a shot tonight!

Inactive

Actually, the cookie cutter does the trick as well as the pan and zoon.

Inactive

You will need to use two video tracks. Pan/Crop each track. Say, Reduce track A to fit half screen left. Then reduce track B to fit half screen right. Bingo. There’s your conversation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap